dread curse

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: dread curse
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I'm trying to put in the dread curse upon leaving a certain town, but I don't see I get it. So I ask two things: Can somebody please show me the code that enables dread curse (so I can compare it with what I made), and how can one see he has dread curse?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Dread Curse is a statistic. Add it like you'd add any other statistic, using the alter_stat() call. It's stat number 31.

You can see if you have Dread Curse by looking at the character info screen, although due to a minor cosmetic bug in BoA, you can't see how much Dread Curse you have.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, the info screen is exactly where I looked, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Where exactly in the info screen should I look?

alter_stat(0,31,2);
alter_stat(1,31,2);
alter_stat(2,31,2);
alter_stat(3,31,2);
alter_stat(4,31,2);
alter_stat(5,31,2);
this is how I made it. Is that correct?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
It'd be simpler to just do

alter_stat(1000,31,2);to curse the whole party at once.

To see if you have Dread Curse, scroll down in the window that shows your stats. It's at the bottom of your "Special Skills" list if you have the curse, and it doesn't show up if you don't.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 00:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
Ah. I hadn't looked there. Thanks.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
Thuryl, you already said that "due to a cosmetic faeture you can't see how much dread curse you have" but, and maybe I didn't understand precisely what you meant, but I do see where and how much I have, but the game doesn't display it correctly and also treats it as it is displayed. So what I want to happen, is give the party a dread curse of 2. That works. In the character info screen it is written "dread curse" but it says that it is at level 0. then hwne I want to cure it, it takes away the skill "dread curse," which is correct. however, I can't let it be cured if I say in the dialogue script:

party_member_has_skill(31) >= 1 The game thinks that dread curse is 0, and I don't understand why. Is this some fault in the game?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Premise 1: Every point of Dread Curse you have reduces every statistic by 1.

Premise 2: Dread Curse is a statistic.

Conclusion: Every point of Dread Curse you have reduces the amount of Dread Curse you have by 1.

Therefore, your Dread Curse will always display as 0. It still has the correct effect on your other stats, though.

If you want to use scripts to check whether a party member has any Dread Curse, then you may have a problem. See if the get_stat_levels_bought call works -- it says it ignores bonuses when checking the value of a stat, so maybe it ignores Dread Curse penalties also.

[ Saturday, February 25, 2006 03:08: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
Huh? Does sounds completely illogical to me. So how am I supposed to make certain options appear when you have a dread curse higher than 0, and dissappear when 0. I also tried leaving out the parts >=/==/=<, but that didn't work either. Do you have any suggestions?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
An easier way to see if the party's been given Dread Curse might simply be to have every event in the scenario that gives you Dread Curse also set a Stuff Done Flag to 1, and every event in the scenario that removes Dread Curse from your party set the flag back to 0.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Ah. i had thought of that myself. I actually hoped for something less of a hassle.

Anyway, thanks again for all explanations and such.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!