Model Creature Script Release!!! OMG!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Model Creature Script Release!!! OMG!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #0
Look, I'm terribly sorry for not getting this out sooner, but...I was overwhelmed by finals and then it was summer and then I was on vacation and then I was at summer camp and then I got this crazy urge and...poof!
Model Creature Script = Done

Well, actually, I have to make a really cheesy website for you to download it from, first. So, you'll have to wait like 10 minutes, ok?

Please forgive me, everyone.

Meanwhile, you can read the final version of the long list of comments at the top of the document. Enjoy!

// Memory Cell Values

// Memory Cell 0: Creature Level
// Stores Creature Level
// Great for easily changing your creature's level.

// Memory Cell 1: Creature Mobility
// 0: Wander Randomly (Attacks enemy creatures if they come within sight)
// 1: Don't Move (Does not move no matter what)
// 2: Patrol (Moves to a waypoint and back to start and attacks enemy creatures if they come within sight and
// then returns to the patrol route when they leave it's sight)
// This won't cause the creature to move exactly to your waypoint, but within 1 space of it.
// 3: Approach (Approaches party from start and attacks them if they come within sight)
// 4: Gaurd (Waits at start and attacks party if they come within sight and returns if they leave it)
// 5: Wait (Waits at start and attacks party if they come within sight)
// 6: Scout (Approaches party from start and flees to a waypoint if they come within sight)

// Cell 2: Mobility Variable (What this does varies by the value of Cell 0)
// 0: Does Nothing
// 1: Does Nothing
// 2: Waypoint to Patrol to
// 3: Does Nothing
// 4: Does Nothing
// 5: Does Nothing
// 6: Waypoint to Flee to
// 7: Distance from Start

// Cell 3: Creature Combat Type
// 1: Kamikaze Soldier (Attacks any target and fights to the death)
// 2: Soldier (Attacks any target and flees when critical)
// 3: Coward Soldier (Attacks any target and flees when damaged or outnumbered)
// 4: Kamikaze Support (Attacks a wounded target and fights to the death while maintaing a distance from the party)
// 5: Support (Attacks a wounded target and flees when critical while maintaing a distance from the party)
// 6: Coward Support (Attacks a wounded target and flees when damaged or when outnumbered while maintaing a // distance from the party )
// 7: Kamikaze Assassin (Attacks a heavily wounded target and fights to the death)
// 8: Assassin (Attacks a heavily wounded target and flees when critical)
// 9: Coward Assassin (Attacks a heavily wounded target and flees when damaged or when outnumbered)
// 10: Mercenary (Attacks after being attacked by any target and flees when damaged or when outnumbered)
// 11: Wizard (Casts mage spells at any target and flees when critical or when outnumbered)
// 12: Support Wizard (Casts mage spells at a wounded target and flees when critical or when outnumbered while // maintaining a distance from the party)
// 13: Coward Wizard (Casts mage spells at a wounded target and flees when damaged or when outnumbered // while maintaining a distance from the party)
// 14: Healer (Casts priest spells at friends and flees when critical or when outnumbered)
// 15: Support Healer (Casts priest spells at friends and flees when critical or when outnumbered while // maintaining a distance from the party)
// 16: Coward Healer (Casts priest spells at friends and flees when critical or when outnumbered while maintaining // a distance from the party)
// 17: Boss Minion (Attacks a wounded target and fights to death while the boss is still alive, otherwise it
// disappears)

// Cell 4: Combat Variable (What this does varies by the value of Cell 2)
// 1: Does Nothing
// 2: Does Nothing
// 3: Does Nothing
// 4: Distance to Maintain
// 5: Distance to Maintain
// 6: Distance to Maintain
// 7: Does Nothing
// 8: Does Nothing
// 9: Does Nothing
// 10: Does Nothing
// 11: Does Nothing
// 12: Distance to Maintain
// 13: Distance to Maintain
// 14: Does Nothing
// 15: Distance to Maintain
// 16: Distance to Maintain
// 17: Boss Character Number

// Cell 5: Talk Node
// The node to select if you choose to talk to the creature.
// 0 : "Talking: Does Not Respond"

// Cell 6: Kill Effect Column
// The column of the SDF to set to done when the creature is killed.
// Note: Cannot set SDF (0,0) to done!!! (one of these must not be zero)

// Cell 7: Kill Effect Row
// The row of the SDF to set to done when the creature is killed.
// Note: Cannot set SDF (0,0) to done!!! (one of these must not be zero)

// Cell 8: Flee Distance
// Distance to flee.

// Cell 9: Creature Sight
// The distance from which the creature can select a target or see the person who last hit them. Unless you want
// the creature to fuddle around like a retard, this should be at least 10 and at max 20, because anything larger // than 20 will usually mean the creature can see a lot of the map. Unless you want it to, I mean.)

Would you guys mind testing this for me? I said I was, but then...you know.

If there are some bugs, that's probably because of the way I formatted the text. I'll eliminate a ton of the comments (and make shorter ones that just give an overview of what's happening) and then release that version like 15 minutes after the site is up, k?

--------------------
You have been arpeggiated!
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #1
Sweet!
I finished the site and stuff.
Although that was probably longer than 10 minutes, which was probably caused by this infernally slow computer. Not to worry, my birthday is in 10 days and my parents are fixing the uber-sweet super machine that we had for it! But, I'm going to Maui on the day and won't be back 'til 7 days later.

The link to the site is: http://www.freewebs.com/the_arpeggiator
or you can just click the WWW thing by my name.

I'm going to eat breakfast now and use the bathroom, because I am hungry and a living being.
So it might be more than 15 minutes before version 0.5.1 is released.
Anyway, test it out.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
You may as well post it on the Codex when you're done, too.

Why make one script for this? Why not make half a dozen, which is what it looks like you're trying to do?

Eliminating comments is also probably a bad idea.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #3
Well, I'd rather not have to specify several different files. It's convenient to have one to replace the basic npc.
I wouldn't recommend using this in scripted sequences or anything specific. Just to replace the basic npc script for combat.

I didn't eliminate the comments. I got rid of the ones cluttering up the lines with commands on them and then made a paragraph explaining what the chunk of code does.
I'm taking a leaf out of Jesse Liberty's book (both figuratively and literally), in other words, you shouldn't write code that needs that many comments. It should be clear enough that with one explanation, you can understand what it does.

By the way, I fixed some typos and other stuff and redid the comments like I said I would. So now version 0.5.1 of the model creature script is coming out. As soon as I finish up with this script, I'll start working on another one and maybe a scenario.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
Nice. Could definitely be usefull.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)