BUGS!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: BUGS!
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #25
Just as an aside, for Win v1.0.3 BOA, you can read outdoor and indoor signs again (I least I work where I didn't with 1.0.2). Hopefully this was fixed with the Mac release at the same time.

Mike
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #26
The list is updated. I'm not going to send this until around the time when GF3-Windows comes out, unless anyone has any reason to send it now.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #27
print_big_str_num does not actually print text in color, regardless of what the Editor Tech Support Page states.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #28
This is a WEIRD bug. I am currently working on a scenario, as well as play through Bassikava (great scen. btw ^_^). I just went through a bunch of cinematic bug testings, and got tired of it. I then went back to playing in the scenario with my group of adventurers.

I then just realised that I has turned the vision variable to 1 (set_total_visibility(1)). I realised this because now, in Bassikava, I can see everything!!! It turns out that when you turn this variable on, it turns it on for the entire game until turned off. This is, imho, a nasty little bug. Anyone would turn it on in a dump scenario, and then go into another--no walls, no secrets. lol More of a cheat, sure, but it is still a bug :rolleyes: . Quitting the game resets this, as I have found out.

EDIT: Hmm..it just occured to me. Is this listed in any of the warnings in the documentation? Or perhaps already been listed as a bug? (Just remembered you didn't list them all here...) Sorry if it is in either case ^_^'.

[ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:58: Message edited by: SpineRaker ]

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
Funny, I thought this was mentioned in the docs, but I can't find it. The place that I've found was this: "If you set every space as visible, be sure to set them as not visible before ending the cutscene," but he really ought to mention that the total visibility resets to zero only when specifically reset with set_total_visibility(0) or when the player quits and restarts.

[ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:20: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by SpineRaker:

This is, imho, a nasty little bug. Anyone would turn it on in a dump scenario, and then go into another--no walls, no secrets. lol More of a cheat, sure, but it is still a bug :rolleyes: .
Considering that it's trivial to open up the scenario script and enable debug mode, having another way to do an aspect of that isn't a huge issue. And it'd be pretty uncommon for a player to trigger this bug accidentally as you did.

Still, it is of course a bug and should be fixed.

EDIT: Hmm. As a workaround to prevent this bug being triggered accidentally in your scenarios, you could always put a set_total_visibility(0) call in the LOAD_SCEN_STATE.

[ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 22:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #31
It was, in fact, accidentally triggered many times in Undead Valley. Of course, that's Undead Valley.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
I said it was hard for a player to accidentally trigger it, not a designer. :P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #33
Well, if one were to recoil in terror from the cutscenes in Undead Valley and move on to another scenario...

[ Thursday, April 21, 2005 14:14: Message edited by: PoD person ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
Maybe. Strictly speaking, though, UV doesn't exist yet.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #35
Another head-scratcher: the call fl_ed_icon_adjust was taken out of the docs at some point after v1.0, and it never worked in the editor, but it still does work on the automap in the game itself.

That means that we just need Jeff to put the call back in the docs, and we need to fix the editor ourselves.

I'm assuming that the same is true for te_ed_icon_adjust, but I haven't tried it.

--------------------

Pages