creating new items/monsters?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: creating new items/monsters?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #0
how dose oen go about creatign new items and monstr for a scenario? i remember the BoE editor had an option soemwhere, which i can't find on the BoA editor.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #1
There are some tools for easily making items/monsters, but I forget the link. They're HTML pages, if I recall correctly. Otherwise, you have to place a monster (say, a child, or a sheep), or an item, then use the "Edit Placed Object" tool, then click on the "Edit this creature/Edit this item" text in the bottom part of the screen, where variables normally would be for a terrain script/special encounter.

Also, you might want to try and fix your spelling and capitalisation. It earns you a bit more respect on these boards.

[ Tuesday, January 25, 2005 19:59: Message edited by: Dallerdin ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Dallerdin's advice is slightly confusing; the third sentence is about editing the properties of existing monsters and items in the scenario. If you want to create entirely new monster and item types, you need to write them into your scenario's custom objects script. This can't be done in the BoA editor; you'll need to use a text editor. Look at valleydydata.txt in the Valley of Dying Things scenario folder for an example of what custom object scripting looks like; read the editor documentation to find out how to do it.

[ Tuesday, January 25, 2005 21:23: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
These are two templates, one for creatures and one for items:

http://www.sitemouse.com/users/drakefyre/boa.html#temp1
http://www.sitemouse.com/users/drakefyre/boa.html#temp2

To use them, create a new data script, then copy the template and paste it in. All of the values are set to their default, so all you need to do is change the values that you want. For more information, look in the editor documentation.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00