Speaking in the Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Speaking in the Editor
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #0
I know that I may be called "Stupid", but I haven't just figured out how to make people talk using the editor. How can I cjange what they say? I've downloaded EditPad Lite, and the Crimson editor, but how do I use this?

Signed: A newbie wanting codes.

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You need a dialogue script. There are a variety of ways to deal with this. Reading the docs can be useful, particularly Chapter 2.14 - Creating Dialogue. The basics: every town has a dialogue script. The script's name will be the same as the town script's name with "dlg" stuck on the end: the dialogue script for Fort Talrus in VoDT is "t0Fort Talrusdlg.txt," because Fort Talrus's script is "t0Fort Talrus.txt." The docs will tell you what calls are available in a dialogue script.

Arenax made a dialogue editor, too, available here. I've never used it or heard from anyone who's used it, so I can't vouch for it, but it exists.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #2
Tripod closed the website (because I uploaded and couldn't unzip an archive of pics for another part of the site--blah!) and lost the most recent update of that.

I'm going to update with 0.85 soon. (This Windows one, to the best of my knowledge, still works.)

As for the cross-platform one, I had some HD problems, but had an earlier backup at school. Once I get a break in my other projects, I'll finish it--there's not too much left to do.
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #3
Thanks

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2