Snow graphics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Snow graphics
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #0
Hello again. I have another question/request to make, if that's okay. I've been using a snow graphic written by Brett Bixler. I've been having problems when I implement it though. The graphic has an odd dot in the corner. It makes it so the tiles don't flow together. Anyone know the cause of this? I wanted to include a screenshot, but I'm not sure how. I checked the graphic to ensure all pixels were there, if that is what you might be thinking.

[ Wednesday, November 03, 2004 21:54: Message edited by: Venom ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Depends... are you using a Mac? That can really make a difference when you're importing graphics (curse you, you stupid black line).

I know if you're using Appleworks to load graphics into something like ResEdit, you have to copy the image from the far upper-left corner of the document, otherwise some pixels don't match up. Don't know why (or if it'll help you here), but it works that way.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #2
I had the same problem when I designed my snow set. The issue is that the dot (black?) is where the color is too close to white, so the game interpets it as white. White is a pass-through color for the system. Anybody who wants white just has to use really light gray. Try finding the dot, and filling it in with a color less light. Or use my snow set.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #3
I tried changing the pixels in the corner, but I still get the dot. I've downloaded your snow set, Dahak, and am trying to implement it. I can't seem to get it at the moment, but that's probably just my fault.

A note for future reference: Terrain can only fit ten by one in a single file. I'm guessing you already knew that, but just in case, I thought I'd remind you. By the way, if you're interested, I was in need of a snow covered cliff and a hole into a snow covered hill(like terrain 332). If you're not busy. Thanks for your tip.

No, I'm not using a Macintosh, Mr. Ephesos, but thank you for your help too.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #4
Food for thought:
If terrain is only 10x1, then how do wall sets work?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #5
I have no idea. All I know is that when I tried using hills in that fashion, I run into major errors. If it works for you, I'd love to know how you do it.

[ Sunday, November 07, 2004 18:10: Message edited by: Venom ]
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #6
What did you number the icons? Tale a look at the core terrains and see what Jeff did for the walls.

The second row, first icon should be icon #10

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #7
Yes, that is what I have been doing. However, I get these three errors.

In a box on the screen:
Blades of Avernum was unable to load graphic sheet 503 (the sheet I assigned to your snow file). Quitting and restarting Blades of Avernum might help. If not, a graphic file may be damaged. In this case, reinstall the game.

In a second, but differently styled text box:
Error!
The game just failed to load this graphic: Sheet 503, icon 12. The editor might have run out of memory, but, more likely, the graphic it was trying to find wasn't there.
You won't see this error again until you load a new outdoor section or town.

In the text area at the bottom of the game:
Stuck on 503.

That last error repeats itself for every tile upon which I used graphic sheet 503. I don't know why. The previous graphic sheet, Mr, Bixler's worked fine. I only modified my code a little to accept yours, but in case I missed something, here is the relevant portion:
begindefineterrain 430; // ice-covered hills
clear;
te_name = "Icy Hill";
te_which_sheet = 503;
te_which_icon = 0;
te_ed_which_sheet = 688;
te_ed_which_icon = 40;
te_height_adj_pixels = 12;
te_special_property = 19;
te_draw_on_automap = 1;
te_suppress_floor = 1;
begindefineterrain 431;
te_which_icon = 1;
te_ed_which_icon = 41;
te_special_property = 20;
begindefineterrain 432;
te_which_icon = 2;
te_ed_which_icon = 42;
te_special_property = 21;
begindefineterrain 433;
te_which_icon = 3;
te_ed_which_icon = 43;
te_special_property = 22;
begindefineterrain 434;
te_which_icon = 4;
te_ed_which_icon = 44;
te_special_property = 23;
begindefineterrain 435;
te_which_icon = 5;
te_ed_which_icon = 45;
te_special_property = 24;
begindefineterrain 436;
te_which_icon = 6;
te_ed_which_icon = 46;
te_special_property = 25;
begindefineterrain 437;
te_which_icon = 7;
te_ed_which_icon = 47;
te_special_property = 26;
begindefineterrain 438;
te_which_icon = 8;
te_ed_which_icon = 48;
te_special_property = 27;
begindefineterrain 439;
te_which_icon = 9;
te_ed_which_icon = 49;
te_special_property = 28;
begindefineterrain 440;
te_which_icon = 10;
te_ed_which_icon = 50;
te_special_property = 29;
begindefineterrain 441;
te_which_icon = 11;
te_ed_which_icon = 51;
te_special_property = 30;
All this leads me to the conclusion that the 1st error's second postulation may be corrupt. I beleive your graphics set may be damaged somehow. I downloaded it again, with no success.