Scripting Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Scripting Question
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #0
Hello.
I'm bored.
If anyone has an idea for a script (preferrably not too hard) I have nothing better to do for the next 6 hours. Let me know any ideas for scripts that any of you might want. I will do my best to create one, and possibly entertain myself for a while. I need to get more practice for my C++ class anyways.
Let me know...

--------------------
I love stupid people acting smart...
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #1
I was thinking about a rock climbing script to get over certain cliffs. A few thoughts:
1) Checks for a certain object (rope, perhaps? maybe climing tools) and tool use or dexterity as one option.
2) Checks for a certain object or special item or SDF (orb or thralni? potion of flight?) and magery skill as another option.
3) Gives damage *if you fail* (maybe modified by luck).
4) Going the other way, gives you the option to reppel or levitate down (as above) instead of falling.
5) Uses memory cells to establish difficulty and (if necessary) position to end up in and direction.
That would be really usful for me!
My email is vdastal A-T h()tmail D-()-T c()m [() instead of o for spam spider protection].
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #2
Will do...
Expect it sometime within tonight-saturday depending on how activley I do it, really shouldn't take me more then a couple hours altogether though (at most)

EDIT: Well, I worked for a while, almost done, just need to work out some bugs as to why it's not working... If anyone has any ideas as to why it doesn't activate let me know...

WARNING: This is not the completed (obviously) version, this is posted in hopes that someone will tell me why it will not activate...

NOTE: This is not the whole script, this is like 1/10th of it, but I would like to know if anyone can tell me why this might not activate, from what I have posted

beginstate 10;

if(get_flag(299,28) == 0)
{
X = FX;
Y = FY;
}
if(get_flag(299,28) == 1)
{
X = BX;
Y = BY;
}

if(DifferenceUP >= 1)
{
Difference = DifferenceUP;
}
if(DifferenceDN >= 1)
{
Difference = DifferenceDN;
}

if(DamageUP >= 1)
{
Damage = DamageUP;
}

if(DamageDN >= 1)
{
Damage = DamageDN;
}

// This checks to see whether or not the party has
// already climbed this cliff, and whether or not they
// left the rope there.

if(get_flag(299,29) == 1)
{

// This checks if the party is going back, or forward.

if(get_flag(299,28) == 1)
{
out_move_party(BX,BY);
print_str("You climb the rope.");
}

// This checks if the party is going back, or forward.

if(get_flag(299,28) == 0)
{
out_move_party(FX,FY);
print_str("You climb the rope.");
}
}

// This checks to see whether or not the party has
// already climbed this cliff, and whether or not they
// left the rope there.

if(get_flag(299,29) == 0)
{

if(CharHas == false)
{
message_dialog("This cliff looks like it could be climbed, but you don't have a rope. Without a rope, the rest of your party wouldn't be able to make it.","");

// This state should be assigned to a spot covering the
// area BEFORE the cliff.

beginstate 11;
set_flag(299,28,0);
break;

// This state should be assigned to a spot covering the
// area AFTER the cliff.

beginstate 12;
set_flag(299,28,1);
break;

SORRY about the huge post, but if someone could tell me why it will not even activate, it would be extremely usefull.

[ Thursday, October 21, 2004 19:42: Message edited by: Rabid Pigs Eating A Wolf ]

--------------------
I love stupid people acting smart...
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #3
Thanks! I can't wait to see it done. When my scenario comes out (in a fair while, I'm still on town design) I hope you'll see it's been put to good use.