Some Problems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Some Problems
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #0
Ok got a couple questions.
1. Every scenario has a start location in town, and one out of town. However, if I wanted a party to leave a town and end up straight into another (For Example: starting at the bottom level of a dungeon) how would I implement that without having the party appear outdoors until they reached the top level?

2. Is there any way for the introduction to a scenario to be different depending on what race(s) were chosen from the beggining?

(BTW I thought about making the exits to the bottom levels be special encounters instead of actual exits, that might work, anyone know the call to make a special encounter take you to a different town?)
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
move_to_new_town() is the call you are looking for, but it might not work because it can only be called from the player stepping on a space. Why don't you just block the real boundaries of the town and place these specials in a convincing place?

After all, the party can't leave to the outdoors when they can't walk out of town.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #2
Ok, Thanks, but with the move_to_new_town() call, is there another call to put them at a certain x,y? or how would I govern what entrance they would be arriving at?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Well, the (x,y) coordinates are a part of move_to_new_town();

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
As for your second question, get_species and species_in_party should be able to do whatever you need.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
Just note that you can't change the beginning introduction splash screens, but in game introductions are fully customizable. I'm sure that this capability will look better when dialog pictures are added.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #6
Ok thanx. Sadly, I was looking for a way to change the beggining intro, but oh well. Every time I find a good thing about the editor, I also find a limitation which sadly dampens the entirety of the game.