Town Lock-down

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Town Lock-down
Apprentice
Member # 2190
Profile #0
How can I force my party to remain in a certain town until a special encounter happens?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
Stop them from doing whatever is necessary to exit until this special encounter happens.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
There are tons of ways you can achieve this.

Make walls where the exits are, make invisible walls where the exits are, make some needlessly complex script to prevent them from going where the exits are...

The possibilities are endless.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
Stop them from doing whatever is necessary to leave the town. All reduced, there are only 2 ways to leave a town. You can either walk out of it, or use the character editor. Preventing them from walking out is a simple matter. Walls or block_entry() will work.

Put something in the START_STATE of the outdoor section that the party would end up in if they left the town through the editor to check to see if the event has occurred in the town. If it hasn't, politely tell them not to use the editor and force them to go back in the town. You can't put them into the town yourself; they have to move their party into the space. But I'm sure, as the designer, you can encourage to do this. :D

[ Saturday, September 18, 2004 13:09: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Well. If they cheat, they cheat.

You also left out leaving the town through a stairway script. It should be obvious how to stop one of those from being used.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
Don't include a call like that in your town script, please. I'd also like to hear what event you have planned for in this town.

[ Saturday, September 18, 2004 20:08: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.