Possible adjustment to basicnpc

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Possible adjustment to basicnpc
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
I noticed in ZKR that Crotho in Morog's Labs walks into the death beams and gets damaged. If you wait around long enough, he kills himself. He uses the default script, basicnpc, so this would happen with any NPC near beams that can be walked through.

I suspect this is bad.

Of course, we could just make those spaces blocked to NPC's, but I would think that we could make some addition to basicnpc that would prevent this. I haven't looked at how to do it yet, but I wanted to bring it up, mainly because changing basicnpc is akin to writing a new version of the editor. Can/should we alter basicnpc so that this doesn't happen? Or should we just work around this?

(I actually don't have an opinion, yet. Just wanted to have some discussion.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1505
Profile #1
I don't think this can be done in a general sense; there is no call to determine if a beam is on a specific space.

--------------------
-Newtfeet
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Change basicnpc all you want - it's the default script for all monsters in the scenario you're writing - there's nothing sacred about it.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00