Mountains.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mountains.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #0
This is a question about the Avernum world. I'm not sure if it is supposed to go in here so correct me if I'm wrong.

Which continent in the Empire controlled lands has the most mountains? Oh, and whether they're high mountains or very old low mountains.

Thanks for attention!

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #1
...and if I may ask more generally, is there a source of Empire/Avernum backstory info somewhere? I don't really want to play through all the games and take notes as I go... but I will if I have to!

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:19: Message edited by: Dr. Doodoom ]

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #2
You know, if talk amongst the community is any indication, a scenario connected only tangentially to the storylines of the games might be better received than a deliberate spinoff. Don't think you have to be completely perfect, as long as you're not writing any history.

In conclusion, my advice to you:

Make one up!
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #3
All I'm trying to do is avoid someone saying:
"Hey! One moment! There aren't any mountains in that area! You don't know what you're writing!"

I know Valorim has a reasonable amount of hills and such, but I'm afraid using Valorim is starting to be very old. Any LARGE mountain-ranges out there?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #4
Again, stay silent if you have no idea of what you're talking about. A grand band of us SpidWebbers have actually pieced together a somewhat accurate history for the world of Ermarian.

(someone, post a link here, I'm too lazy to search for one myself)

[to Prophet_of_Doom, that was]

Also, for maps, you'd perhaps like to check Arancaytar's site (again, don't have the direct URL, someone!?).

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:40: Message edited by: Tristrana of the Misterhood ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #5
Hmmm. I did a search on maps of Ermarian and it seems that there is a shortage in the department of maps. So far I've only managed to get the map of Vantanas through google.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
The only huge mountain chains I can think of only existed in the Arena timeline. (northern Doston - a continent which only existed in the Arena) On the other hand, at least according to At the Gallows, southwest Pralgad seems to be quite the mountain chain, too...
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #7
I don't know if this could help, but here a map of Valorim, at Rache's Avernum 3 Site:

]http://rachea3.tripod.com/avernum3/id161.html

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 13:21: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
I think people are just making it up as they go along, and that other people are just trying to make sense of it all. Here's a map of one of the places...

http://www.geocities.com/arancaytar/maps.html

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #9
Well, thanks for the help. Now I'll have to decide between Vantanas and Pralgrad.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
Micael - That's pretty much how it works, yes.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

Micael - That's pretty much how it works, yes.
Wait one moment... Let's be hypothetical for a moment...

If someone makes a good scenario with, say, two new continents and strong ties with the Avernum series - would it mean that you guys will try to add it to the universum just like that?

Seems kind of weird to me, maybe I'm exagerating (did I spell that right?) but to me it's like trying to make sense out of fragments that have little or no sense.

Yes, my head hurts.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
I absolutely loathe the way that Exile/Avernum history has been written by the community. I think you can feel free to ignore anything not in the games themselves.

On what's actually in the games themselves, I have my notes from re-playing the games for historical information posted on my web site, and for an update as soon as I get real Internet access (3-5 business days, they tell me), I will be turning that into a readable piece of work. It is, of course, not everything there is to know from the games.

Oh, and yes, if you're *i and make AtG, it becomes canon, apparently.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
Think of scenarios as having the same canonicity as fanfiction; that is to say, none at all if you don't want them to have, and you can even ignore established canon if you don't mind annoying some people.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!