change_outdoor_location

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: change_outdoor_location
Apprentice
Member # 4486
Profile Homepage #0
So here's the situation:
There's a town, let's call it "town 0", that I want to be connected to the surface AND the underworld. Just like fort Emergence in A3.
So I plop down a special encounter in town, refer it to state 12 in the town script and in said state I write this:
beginstate 12;
change_outdoor_location(2,0,25,7);
break;
To me this looks like it should put the party in (25,7) in section (2,0). To me this makes sense. But something's obviously going wrong because no matter which what_section_x, what_section_y, loc_in_sector_x, and loc_in_sector_y I give it it always sends the party to (29,31) in whatever (what_section_x,what_section_y) I've supplied.
Have I misunderstood the function of change_outdoor_location or are there more sinister forces at work here?

[ Tuesday, June 08, 2004 12:41: Message edited by: Shanty ]
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #1
Fix your setttings in 'Town Details' There is a part for the town's exits. I believe it overrides everything else.

[ Tuesday, June 08, 2004 21:06: Message edited by: Dahak ]

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Apprentice
Member # 4486
Profile Homepage #2
Well I *would* use the town details thing but that only allows placement within the outdoors sector you've placed the town in. Or is there some tricky way of putting it in another sector?
Apprentice
Member # 4486
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, I see what you mean. It's totally fixed now, thanks. Now to deal with the other hundred bugs in this thing.