To Spidweb, Regarding Heights & Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: To Spidweb, Regarding Heights & Editor
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #0
Couldn't you make it so right-click lowers terrain when in height mode? It would make an excellent shortcut.

Also, moving around towns/outdoors maps using the keyboard arrow keys is annoyingly slow. For some reason using the mouse at the edge of the viewing pane makes this faster.

Windows 98, 800Mhz.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Grey-Eyed Stranger:

Couldn't you make it so right-click lowers terrain when in height mode? It would make an excellent shortcut.

Also, moving around towns/outdoors maps using the keyboard arrow keys is annoyingly slow. For some reason using the mouse at the edge of the viewing pane makes this faster.

Windows 98, 800Mhz.

I find CTRL - click easy enough. But it would be easier if you made a selection that lets you do basic BoE things, as well as the scripting. So it does all the simple things on it's own - just an idea...

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
If you read all the docs with the editor, you find the likelihood of Jeff doing any of this is approximately zero. However, he conveniently includes the source code so those who know C can do it themselves. Those of us who don't, on the other hand, are screwed.
(I assume he released the Windows code, too, though I actually don't know. But he definitely let out the Mac stuff.)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Stupid NEwbie Man:

If you read all the docs with the editor, you find the likelihood of Jeff doing any of this is approximately zero. However, he conveniently includes the source code so those who know C can do it themselves. Those of us who don't, on the other hand, are screwed.
(I assume he released the Windows code, too, though I actually don't know. But he definitely let out the Mac stuff.)

He released the Windows code.

And why wouldn't he? I believe he's already released a new version of the Editor, and it somehow looks like Jeff's going to be much more open to releasing updates than he was in the BoE world.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.