Should the text be mac or pc formated?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Should the text be mac or pc formated?
Apprentice
Member # 4118
Profile Homepage #0
I'm using Vim so I can use either easily but I was wondering if it would be good to pick one or the other? If it was me I'd choose Mac because its only one character for the end of line instead of two.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
I assume you're talking about the script files.

As far as I know, you don't really need any line breaks at all, as long as commands are separated by semicolons. (If someone knows differently, please correct me!) I'm pretty sure carriage returns, line feeds, tabs, and spaces (outside of a command) are ignored by the engine, except when an error gives you the line number for the script.

So, basically, use whichever you wish. (Mac formatting works for me, and I'm on a Mac)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4118
Profile Homepage #2
Depending on what text editor you look at the files you don't see any line breaks and funny control characters instead. Thats why I asked. Its a formating issue more then a will it work issue.

Most mac text editors handle pc text files fine but not so much the other way around.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #3
I believe WordPad will be able to format the files correctly. If not that, I find Crimson Editor to be a good tool. I'd say to go with Mac formatting for that reason if you can...it really doesn't make a difference, though.

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #4
I have BBEdit (on a Mac) set to use Unix line endings by default, and it works just fine. So yeah, I'd guess line endings just don't make any difference.

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
Windows: Metapad, Shalom Text (tabbed)
There's also GVim (VIM For windows, get 'GUI Executable')

[ Thursday, June 03, 2004 01:26: Message edited by: Pingu and his mighty flipper ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.