A2 Template

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2 Template
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #0
My interest in this was revived by starting A Visit to the Madhouse. It is possible to turn a one bit terrain number, as used by Avernum 2, into a two bit terrain number as used by Blades of Avernum. You simply import the numbers into a spreadsheet and add a column of zeroes for each column of numbers. Then you export it back to a word processor program and change the tabs to spaces.

This might also be useful if anyone wants to base a scenario in the Valorim continent.

I might add that the real problem is converting A2 terrain to BoA when the two games use radically different numbers for the same piece of terrain.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
Just so you know, Clint Peters already created a BoA duplicate of the outdoors and major towns of Avernum 2. It's currently hosted on Kelandon's site.

(I feel it's worth noting that I did not make use of it for the 24 hour contest, since I felt that it would be unsporting.)

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:

It is possible to turn a one bit terrain number, as used by Avernum 2, into a two bit terrain number as used by Blades of Avernum.
...What? Do you mean byte rather than bit?
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #3
Yes, I do mean "byte" not "bit".

As for the A2 template, it should be uploaded to the relevant lists of scenarios. I can't access the Shadow Vale archive, but it is not on any of the other scenario lists that I have seen.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #4
It's at the link I posted above, for one place.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #5
I would still recommend adding it to all the lists of scenarios, so that people know it exists.

It is actually simple to fix the upper NW part of the template, the areas that were inaccessible in A2. Simply hex edit a save game to take you into those areas.