Sixus suicide

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sixus suicide
Warrior
Member # 1949
Profile #0
What do I have to do to have Sixus not kill himself? Both walkthroughs and ingame text suggest that there is a way... but neither is particularly clear on it.

--------------------
What are you looking at?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
At one place near the north edge of the dungeon there is the hint that the walls are damaged. Use move mountains or shatter spell to find an alternate route that will let you get to Sixus before he kills himself.
Warrior
Member # 1949
Profile #2
I do that, but there's no walls to destroy to get into his room - the only way to his room seems to be the door.

--------------------
What are you looking at?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
The wall to destroy is in the _northwest corner_ of the dungeon. If you cross the runes, you've gone too far, and he will kill himself.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It's okay to open his door if you've gone the northern route. It's only when you go the other route and face his apprentices that he kills himself.
Warrior
Member # 1949
Profile #5
D'oh! Guess this is one of the few dungeons where "explore everywhere" is not a good idea. Oh well, thanks.

--------------------
What are you looking at?
Apprentice
Member # 14311
Profile #6
this topi seems related to my question-how do u get past the stupid levers in the beginning of sixus' tower anyway? i have never figured it out (granted i didn't try very hard)

--------------------
you will submit to my will...MindDuel!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
There is a golem in his older home (the tower bothered by Empire troops) that gives you access to a scroll that has the lever positions on it. I think it 2 one way, then 1 the other, 2 the first way, and 1 the other. I can't remember which way it starts.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #8
** Spoilers for the whole second Sixus tower ahead **
"2. SIXUS' SECOND CAVE Go north by boat from Almaria. You'll find a small area of land where you can disembark and move around. Go north, and you'll see a few shamblers shambling about. Go up to the tower and enter. Drop all your food at the entrance. Trust me. Then go down and pull the levers:
//\//\
Then go up and kill the giants, and go up through the secret passage. Look around and kill anything that moves. Get to the north, then go west as far as you can. Go through the secret passage, past the statues (which would have eaten your food if you still had some), and kill the drakes. Then use move mountains on the wall, and go north then east. Look in the nest for a rod of arcana. Go west (destroy the stalagmites with move mountains), and kill the ice hydras and the ur- basilisk (capture it in your soul crystal if you want it). Then go to the south and use move mountains again, destroying the wall. Enter the room, and tell Sixus that Bevan sent you. He'll thank you and tell you to grab a treasure hidden on the south side of his wall. It's a robe of the magi, very nice if your mage isn't a natural mage. Go south, and read the books on the bookcases, then use move mountains on the east wall to get beast ceremony 3. That's it for here, go back to Almaria to claim your reward: 75 xp(!), 4 rep, 600c. Don't forget to pick up your food."

This is from Zeviz's site. If you want to find the whole walkthrough, Google "Avernum 2 Zeviz".

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"