Avernum II Character Editor Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum II Character Editor Question
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #0
So, I decided after I was mostly finished with the area before popping in to the tunnel in Formello and heading down the path to the Vahnatai lands that I wanted to turn my human spear-user and my human archer/thief/sword user into a Slith and a Nephil respectively.

Of course, now they're level one while my two Priages are level nine.

I already used the character editor to give them the stats their human incarnations had(ignoring, of course, the extra skill points they had built up from leveling that I hadn't used yet since they're going to be building up more than they should as it is) but I'm not seeing a way to level them back up...all I want to do is place them at level eight, which is where they would be due to the experience penalty.

Question is, is it possible to do this with the character editor? Because otherwise I'm stuck running around looking for random encounters trying to level them up eight times so their health point totals are restored to normal, and I'm starting to wonder if that wouldn't be more work(the reason I'm asking this question in the first place, to avoid having to redo what I've already done.)

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
There's no way to give experience with the character editor. You can use several third party tools (are you on Mac or WIndows?), or you can just accept a lower level.

—Alorael, who happens to love the term priage as well as the character type. He thinks he'll adopt your word from now on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #2
Go right ahead on the adopting of the word.

I'm on Windows...I've since made my way through the Vahnatai lands, and though they are leveling up again, they're doing so too slowly to keep up with the increasing difficulty of enemies. Most of the enemies are defeating me left and right because none of my people have the hitpoints they should. Admittedly I've been skimping on the endurance for the Priages but that's because I'm used to using my two melee's as meat shields, as it were.

So if you can link me to a third party utility that I could use to get them to the proper level, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.