Editing Mosters in A3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Editing Mosters in A3
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #0
Is there any way to edit what spells monsters can cast? Specifically the Thug Mage?

I'm playing singleton A3 and as I was raiding the Brigand Lair in Upper Avernum, I was cornered by a mage thug and he zapped me with sleep. Over and over and over. I had to ctrl alt del to quit the game. Now, I don't mind the sleep effect, but this was freaking annoying. Any help?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #1
if you use the character editor go into it and raise all your stats. click three times on all the spells to raise it to their highest level. Then go to the things that say Give Armor,Weapon and so on and choose all the blessed things including bolts and a bow if you use missles. I never do but still.But you can't specifically edit monsters as far as I know.

[ Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:46: Message edited by: ginger8445 ]

--------------------
I an a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
I don't think you can edit the monsters. The obvious thing would be to use the editor to leave town and come back when your mental resistance is higher.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Try summoning some creatures that are immune like shades to deal with the thug mage while you sleep it off.

I didn't have any trouble as a tormented singleton, so maybe your build is off and you should rethink your character.

[ Sunday, August 12, 2007 13:17: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #4
Wow, thanks a lot ginger. :rolleyes:

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to beatup goblins for a while. I've just never had this problem and it's really annoying. Can't mages cast more than one spell? Seriously, dude. Use a fireball or something. I guess the mage was just trying to make me sleep until I died.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
The thing is, there's no sleep spell in A3. So it's probably a special ability that the mage has (assuming it works similarly to Blades).

Try to sneak up on the mage, and hit him with Slow. Repeatedly.

Of course, you could always just try and pump up your Willpower.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #6
That's right. It's a sleep wand. And so monsters get unlimited wand uses. Grrr. ah well. My nephil will survive somehow.

--------------------