Out on this island, miles and miles beyond the far end of nothing...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Out on this island, miles and miles beyond the far end of nothing...
Apprentice
Member # 7374
Profile #0
Whilst playing Avernum 3, I was exploring in Southwest Valorim when I came across a small island that I had to use the Orb of Thralni to get there. Theres a little hut on the island and if you knock on the door, a "withered, gnarled old hermit waddles out of the hut", then curses you! Who is this madman? Why is he there? :confused:
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
Isn't it enough that he adds a bit of color?

I can't really remember, but I think maybe somebody later on gives you a letter to deliver to him.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
He's there to show nosy adventurers that sometimes they should mind their own business. Seriously. The hermit doesn't do anything useful for you.

—Alorael, who does think Jeff has a warped sense of humor for making you remember the unreachable island for when you get the Orb of Thralni only to get cursed for your efforts.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Jeff likes grouchy hermits and ones that send you on errands to get you away from them.
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #4
if I was being nice I would say he's there just for colour but also to be a red herring in relation to a certain rumour about a mandrake salesman.

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...