A2 shareware barrier

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2 shareware barrier
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
Where is the shareware barrier supposed to be in A2? I have an idea that I may have tunneled through it.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Mainly, it prevents you from entering the vahnatai's portal back to Avernum. It also prevents you from exploring from some vahnatai lands.

If you use the character editor to get back to Avernum, you can only explore a few sections beyond where the barriers used to be and can't enter any towns.

Dikiyoba.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Thanks. It seems, alas, that the shareware barrier is intact. I saw some pop-up about a shareware demon as I crossed a bridge into the Vahnatai lands, but it disappeared too quickly to read. I thought maybe it was the barrier itself, but evidently it was just a warning that the barrier was near. It's remarkable how much there is in the A2 demo; even the cool Dark Waters chapter.

I don't say 'alas' because I begrudge Jeff his money, but because I can't really afford any more nights where I stop playing A2 at 4 AM. It would probably have happened again last night, even though I'm just about out of things to try in the demo, except for a providential kernel panic around 1 AM, after which I looked at the time. The barrier is too convenient a stopping point to ignore, so good sense gets to triumph for once. Maybe I'll take A2 up again in the summer. After Nethergate: Resurrection I've gotten over my distaste for the Avernum graphics, and the games seem to be pretty good.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 02:13: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #3
Lol, I wish i could set goals like you about stayin up, I'm having a problem about stayin up for games, for the last 3 weeks Ive been up to 5:am on school nights and weekend on runescape, It has payed off on me being where I am, but casueing toll on my grades =\

- by toll on grades i mean from A's to b+/A- lol

[ Tuesday, June 05, 2007 22:16: Message edited by: D Pliss ]

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
-Save yourself and let them suffer