A2: Skill points decrease with lvl. 35?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2: Skill points decrease with lvl. 35?
Apprentice
Member # 8475
Profile #0
Hello all!
Just two questions:
Having reached lvl. 35 in A2 my skill points gain became 6 instead of 8. Is that intentional? And why? Anybody knows?
And: The manual states the level cap is 40, though I´ve read somewhere it is 50. I think I might mix that up with A3...so is it 40 or 50 now?

Just remembered another two:
In A1 to get the lady with the Knowledge Brews to refill her stock you roughly needed 30.000 gold. Is she having the same amount of drinks in A2? So that i will need about 80.000 to make her do that?
And: Occasionally one of my PCs just stops doing anything during a fight for no apparent reason. Is that a bug or am i missing something?

[ Tuesday, April 10, 2007 23:14: Message edited by: Smiffy ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
It's not a bug. Skill points start to decrease at high levels. It's a gameplay balance decision, I suppose.

The cap is level 40 in Avernum and level 50 in Avernum 2. I don't think Avernum 3 has a cap.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8475
Profile #2
Thx Thuryl, good to know. Was becoming slightly concerned... ;-)
I must admit I don´t really see the point there in that sort of finetuning balancing. I´d rather have tougher foes...missing a spell to dispel any kind of augmentation for example. Would be nice to have your unstoppable Divine Warrior suddenly lose it all ;-).

[ Tuesday, April 10, 2007 23:24: Message edited by: Smiffy ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
If you accidently hit "o" during combat it makes only one character active. This can happen reaching for the "p" for priest spells. The other ways is if a character is slowed or heavily webbed you can lose a turn.

Knowledge brews/skill potions are limited from Silverlocke. In A3 you can learn how to make you own. In A4 there is a limited amount of ingredients and knowledge brews are only made near the end of the game.
Apprentice
Member # 8475
Profile #4
Yes, must have hit "o". I´m playing a Romeo and Juliet kind of couple, both able to cast priest spells.
So no unlimited Knowlegde Brews anymore? That´s too bad ;-) Thx Randomizer!