A3 help?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 help?
Apprentice
Member # 8439
Profile #0
I absolutely love the Avernum games, but I'm kinda stuck on Avernum 3 and it's reeeally frustrating!

Basically I'm stuck in one area, near the Troglodyte camp (I can't remember the names of all the towns), I'm in a town but I'm stuck because whenever I leave the town I am chased by troglodytes. I cannot beat the troglodytes no matter how hard I try, and I cannot escape them. I think this is really unfair because I've done a lot on the game and I'm going to have to redo it all if I can't beat these darned troglodytes!

Any help/tips?
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #1
Where are you in the game? If you beat the slimes and roaches(in that order) then trained like crazy then you should have no problem. If you still have a problem, go into the Character Editor and raise up all your stats until they are maxed out.Technically you can say you are immune. THEN, you can beat the trogdlytes.

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 09:24: Message edited by: ginger8445 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Have you tried entering the battle and the running away instead of standing and fighting? Unless there are many khazis insistently throwing fireballs and such at you, you can probably make it out with your skin intact and your dignity shattered.

—Alorael, who otherwise thinks using the editor is the way to go. You can either use the editor to make the battle winnable and then lower your stats again or you can use the editor to return your party to Fort Emergence and go back to somewhere where you won't be killed.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Turn the difficulty down to easy and see if you can get past them. You can change it back once you're done.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
One of the things I love about Avernum 3 is its comparative non-linearity. Unfortunately you seem to have found one of the disadvantages.

However:

If you buy horses, you can outrun your pursuers because you move twice as fast as they do.

At some point near the beginning of the game, Anaximander gives you the jewel of returning, which takes you immediately to Fort Emergence (without passing go).

As Alorael said, it's possible to flee during combat (walk your characters to the bottom of the zone) and avoid an outdoors fights. You might use create illusions to create a shield, covering your back. Also, the number of trogs you fight is slightly random, return to town, reload and see if there are fewer of them this time, which will improve your survival chances.

You may find it possible to win the fight even without the character editor, if you change tactics a bit. What spells do you have? Haste and bless all your characters. Try casting terror on the trogs, you might make them run away. If that doesn't work try bind foe, slow or forcecage, which will temporarily disable them. Use create illusions, which will provide a distraction for the trogs. If there is one trog that does you a lot of damage (probably a spellcaster) focus your initial efforts on that; if you are able to terrorize or kill a spellcaster before it summons allies and hits you with fireblast, etc that can transform a fight.

Edit; apostrophitis.

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 23:17: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4