A1: Demonslayer Bug?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1: Demonslayer Bug?
Apprentice
Member # 7689
Profile #0
So, I'm pretty far along in the very first Avernum, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the first Demonblade piece from the Nephilim Fort.

I killed the two demons in the room that it's in (upperlefthand corner of the fort), but there are two black spires and a firepit blocking my access to the sarcophagus it's in, and I can't find any secret passages to get to it.

Is this a bug? I upgraded from the demo version, but it seems like everybody does that.

Thanks
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If it's a bug, it's a totally unprecedented one. You should be able to reach that sarcophagus.

Have you discovered that you can move diagonally? A surprising number of laptop users don't realize that by using a numeric keypad (which you lack) or the mouse you can move diagonally and get around some obstacles.

—Alorael, who has no other big suggestions. It's supposed to be a simple matter of killing demons and looting crypts.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7689
Profile #2
Holy..!

That diagonal movement gets you every time!
Silly laptops...

Thanks!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
It's worse in the Windows version of Exile where the diagonal keys in the numeric keypad weren't read by the program and I had to use the mouse for all diagonal movement. You wouldn't believe how far I got before I found that diagonal movement was possible.