I'm starting Avernum 2 soon, and I could use some party creation tips

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I'm starting Avernum 2 soon, and I could use some party creation tips
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

(There will be a few places to get more along the way, but not much.)
Well, until you get to the hydras. Then, you'll be set for life on food.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I was set for life when I had no food. The only time I've rested in the entire Avernum trilogy was when deliberately waiting for the ToM disaster.

—Alorael, who has found walking around outside to be more than adequate for all other occasions.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #27
There is more than enough food since there are also mushrooms.

Level 5 seems a bit low to go into Chapter 2, even with two penalties you should be closer to level 9 or 10. Did you go west of Fort Draco for the spiders and sliths and south to do the Verdant Valley and the ruined Nephil Castle full of undead?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Level 5 seems a bit low to go into Chapter 2, even with two penalties you should be closer to level 9 or 10. Did you go west of Fort Draco for the spiders and sliths and south to do the Verdant Valley and the ruined Nephil Castle full of undead?
Heck... the first time I played A2, I could barely take on the aranea before Chapter 2, and I doubt I was much lower than 8.

That said, go take on the aranea... level 3 Bolt of Fire will serve you well.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 7616
Profile #29
I thought I was at lower levels. My levels are 7, 9, 9, 8. The only dungeon I have not completely cleared out is the Aranea one. I did the quest, just didn't clear the dungeon out yet.

--------------------
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest VI
Avernum 2
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
There are a few monsters beyond that passage that you can kill and come back for training. Also if you are careful and buff yourself you can take out the demons around Solberg's tower in the lava field.

You sound like you are near max since there aren't the random encounters of Exile to help out.

Pages