AV2 and Elderan Tower

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: AV2 and Elderan Tower
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #0
Does anybody have even slightest clue what portculli that lever in 3rd floor's NW corner opens/closes?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I'm not sure if that gives you access back to another level. I remember going back to the main level in the NW corner where there are some prisoners. If you have an unexplored area on your map after you finish the tower then that's where it goes.
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #2
From Zeviz1 guide: That lever there (NE room) doesn't appear to do anything (I wrote NW, sorry).

It isn't prison portculli cause that is open when party goes there and that lever doesn't close it.

No unexplored areas so like zeviz says it doesn't open/close anything (in Elderan's tower).
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #3
Zevi is wrong. I assume you mean the lever in the NW corner of the room in the NE of level 3. (I too often get mixed up with east and west.) This lever opens the locked door in the SW corner so that you can get up to the 4th level without having to sneak in from the north where you trigger a fight with 7 or 8 mutant giants.

If you already have Unlock Doors L3 you can open this door anyway.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #4
Fighters Quarters NW corner has lever which indeed opens that door but you can't get pass those giants w/o fight (you need to kill only 2-3 giants instead of 7).
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #5
Thanks for the tip. I have always come in from the north, but I will try this way when I get around to it in my walkthrough which is as yet only up to the Coffin Caves on the Dark waters.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs