Avernum 3 Giant Cheifs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 3 Giant Cheifs
Apprentice
Member # 7290
Profile #0
No matter what i do i just cant seem to hurt these guys. Im hitting them, but it says that i do no damage. Is there something that im missing here?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #1
They drink Invulnerability potions when combat first begins, wait until it wears off, then you can kill them.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
I'm guessing your problem is this: Each giant chief is equipped with an invulnerability potion. When it begins to fight, it drinks the potion, and you won't be able to hurt it for a few turns. A couple of ways to deal with this are to hit the chiefs very suddenly, so you damage them significantly before they get a turn and drink their potion, and to just wait he potion out. The invulnerability potion only lasts a few rounds, and after that you can start doing damage to the chief again. Often times the chief isn't alone, so while he's invulnerable you can kill off his minions. They really aren't too bad, you just have to tolerate fending them off for a little while before you can get to the real fighting.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Apprentice
Member # 7290
Profile #3
Thanks, i was a little bit puzzled as to why i couldnt do anything.

Thanks again.