A1: questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1: questions
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #0
My middle older brother has two question, First off, how do you reach Athron, he's IN the cave so don't tell me how to reach it.

Thanks for bothering to answer! :cool:

[ Saturday, July 08, 2006 18:18: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
First off, Athron's a 'she'.

Second, there are just a bunch of secret passages in the walls (use Far Sight). Be prepared to fight a lot of very unpleasant things to get to her.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
A few of the secret passages which would appear to take you further ahead are blocked by height changes, though. Don't get obsessed with trying to find a way to unblock one passage because the actual way forward is probably somewhere else. If one route doesn't work, just move on and make sure to check all areas for possible secret passages.

Also, doesn't Athron change sexes either in the transition from E to A or AX to AX + 1?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
You want to check both sides of the main entrance because even though the passage doesn't go through and you fight several drakes and fire lizards there is some decent treasure.

Athron was always a female and worrying about first her eggs and then the hatched drakes.
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #4
Athron does not seem to welcome visitors. The direct way in is blocked but there are passages to the east and to the west. In the west are lots of twisty passages with drakes round every corner.

To the east it is much the same story – lots of twisty passages and drakes. In the NE corner of this complex is a hidden door leading up to the next level and more drakes.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #5
[QUOTE]Originally written by Ephesos:
[QB]First off, Athron's a 'she'. [QUOTE]

I meant, my brother was in the cave.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

You want to check both sides of the main entrance because even though the passage doesn't go through and you fight several drakes and fire lizards there is some decent treasure.

Athron was always a female and worrying about first her eggs and then the hatched drakes.

Is there some specific thing you can't kill? {like A3?}

Edit: sorry, I forgot to edit this post into last post.

[ Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:59: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Is there some specific thing you can't kill? {like A3?}
Although I hardly ever attack friendly people I know you can kill the dragons - at least Pyrog (who is nasty anyway), Motrax, Sulfras and Athron. I have never got into a fight with Khoth but I assume he can be killed.

In this game you can attack Erika. It does not affect her at all. She cannot be killed and she does not even get angry if you steal her property from under her nose!

:mad: Anyway it is not very good manners to go round fighting friendly people!

If you mean: is there anyone like Rentar-Ihrno, who cannot be killed in A3? The answer is No. You can (and should) kill all bad guys.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
It is technically possible to kill Rentar-Ihrno in A3 although you're not supposed to be able to do it. It takes a lot of time and patience and has no results or impact on the ending because it isn't supposed to happen.

—Alorael, who believes there are a few more unkillables in A1 (like Micah). None of them are evil scum who deserve to die.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Pyrog is the only dragon that you need to kill. The others all have information that you need to fulfill different quests. Be sure to save a file before killing any of the other dragons in case you find that you haven't got all the info.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #10
OK, going back to Small Fry's question, which I believe was limited to the subject of how to get to see Athron, rather than a vague query about the principles of killing:

No, there is nothing you should avoid killing in Athron's lair in A1. Hack your way through as many lizards as you like. What you must avoid, however, is going down the passage to the west of Athron (you approach her from the east) - if you do, Athron will get mad and attack you.

Edit: clarification

[ Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:18: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #11
so you can't talk to her {or reach}?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
You can reach Athron, but you need to know the right questions to get the useful info. Actually making it all the way in should be saved for the later part of the game. I think you need to see Erika first to get the last part.

Just killing the other monsters on the way in should be enough for the start.