Question.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question.
Apprentice
Member # 7211
Profile #0
I like to experiment with the custom characters. And I was wondering something.

Does unarmed (I call it fists) count as a weapon type? Ex: Blunt. Or does it not count at all?

I was going to make a "Monk" or "Martal Artist" build..
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
A fist works as a weapon. I found out by accident when I sold all my weapons on my spellcaster intending to get some from the goblins. Blademaster increases the damage. However the amount never gets that high that you could use a fist through out the game.

I think I got around 22 at blademaster 12 with blessing vs. Crain. Goblins were about 8 damage.

Mad monks aren't the only ones that can give a fiesty slap of pain.

[ Sunday, June 11, 2006 18:21: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 7211
Profile #2
I'll see how it works out. My starter stats are:

Str:6
Dex:6
Endure:7

Def:1
Hardiness:1

Second character is a custom cleric.

Hope it works out..
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Pour a lot of skill points into Defense and Parry, because your battles are going to take forever...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
I'm pretty sure that Melee Weapons skill increases your unarmed accuracy and damage (it does for monsters in BoA, anyway.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7171
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

However the amount never gets that high that you could use a fist through out the game.
The amount of damage a fist can do is not limited by any factor.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
A fist's base damage versus most weapons is so low that you will take significantly longer to kill high level monsters. I tried it out in A4 versus Crain and needed to buff up the fighter and continually heal him. I don't remember where in A4 I posted the exact damages.
Warrior
Member # 7171
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

A fist's base damage versus most weapons is so low that you will take significantly longer to kill high level monsters. I tried it out in A4 versus Crain and needed to buff up the fighter and continually heal him. I don't remember where in A4 I posted the exact damages.
This is not the Avernum 4 forum.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
The concept remains the same in all Avernum games. That part of the engine won't have been changed, The only difference is the special skills that affect damage.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Actually, since damage is part of the engine and A4 is built from Geneforge, not previous Avernums, it might very well have changed.

—Alorael, who doubts that Jeff bothered to rewrite damage. Still, he could have.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00