How hard it it to beat Geneforge or Avernum games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How hard it it to beat Geneforge or Avernum games
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #0
Is it hard or easy or u don't thin either is hard

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=HLZwNbpDIljg"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=HLZwNbpDIljg"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #1
What should I vote if I think one is harder than the other? :confused:
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #2
Interesting. You've got a topic in General which belongs here and this topic here which belongs in General. ;)

As far as the poll goes, that's very, very general. I would have to go with them being equal, thought in Geneforge I do seem do die more often.

(Also, make spelling and grammar your friends. Or at least close acquaintances)

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Moving polls causes problems, so this will stay here.

—Alorael, who found Avernum easy and Geneforge extremely hard to beat without registering.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It really depends upon the player. I've played in Torment mode and found that you can get through the games if you think a bit and take your time when playing the tough fights.

Geneforge is easier to die in and you have to stay in combat mode most of the time when exploring. Avernum is more forgiving of mistakes and lets you spend most of the time out of combat mode and just exploring.

Jeff thought Avernum 4 would require a team effort, but it's possible to play as a singleton. You can make the games as challenging as you want by choosing how to approach the games.