Limits of Item Storage/Hawke's Manse

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Limits of Item Storage/Hawke's Manse
Warrior
Member # 6977
Profile #0
I am a roleplaying game packrat. I don't save every item, but I do save a lot of them. I still have nearly every single potion I've ever found (saving them for a rainy day), and I store many pieces of equipment which might come in handy later on (items that protect from petrification, for example, but which I don't wear regularly). I also save all the Spell Tomes and area maps, as well as collectible items which can be sold to specific people (Unicorn Horns, Research Tomes, Pen & Ink, Papyrus, etc.).

And I still have absolutely every single alcehmical ingredient I have ever found.

Suffice it to say, I have a lot of items stored in Hawke's Manse. I have cleared all the nonessential items from that area (pillows, candles, wine, ale) to make sure none of the important stuff vanishes.

I have several questions:

1.) The caretaker says that any item stored in Hawke's Manse will be safe. Does that mean I can store an unlimited number of items?

2.) Up to now, I have been assuming that a stack of items counts as a single item in the eyes of the game. I have quite a few large stacks (herbs and potions), so I'm assuming I'm correct.

3.) Just how many items can be safely stored in one place?

Thank you for any feedback.

--------------------
Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
1) No. I've personally had some rather potent items disappear from the Manse, much to my dismay.

2) I'm pretty certain that a stack is seen as just one item.

3) Um... I don't know.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Dikiyoba believes that the answer to question number three is about 200. After that, items are deleted.

Edit: Clarification.

[ Friday, April 07, 2006 19:14: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]