Avernum 1 Spell Book/Trainer Locations

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 1 Spell Book/Trainer Locations
Apprentice
Member # 6858
Profile #0
I recently downloaded this game and started playing -- so far it rocks! The problem is, I am confused on where to get upgrades to the spells as I was really starting to struggle with level 1 spells versus some encounters. :mad: :confused:

Does anybody have a list or known of one online that includes where to get spell upgrades? Is this something included in the hint book you can buy?

I definitely am going to register this game and hopefully get the sequels (depending on my available time to play... :( )!!!

Thank you in advance for any help any of you can provide.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
The hintbook says which town all the level 3 spells are in and gives some hints on where to buy level 2 spells. There was once a website with all you'd ever need to know, but it's sadly defunct now.

—Alorael, who would start looking for spells in Formello. Once you register, the Tower of Magi is another good place for expensive bargain hunting.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6858
Profile #2
Thanks Alorael, I'll give Formello a visit to see what I can get.

I'll keep my eyes open!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Nice to see someone so keen on Avernum 1 - just wait till you see Avernums 2 and 3, they're even better!

For spell locations, etc see sig
|
|
|
V

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #4
for buying spells, large towns are mostly the best place to look.
for level 3 spells, complete quests (of which none are available in the demo, i think) and search dungeons.
just playing through everything, and doing all you can do, is the better way to grow strong little magicians, imo. replaying something written in some faq to get a spell is ineffective and boring.
formello really is the first place to go, though.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!