AV3 - couple of questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: AV3 - couple of questions
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #0
Hi
I think I'm missing a couple of things and it's driving me buggy. I'm the explorer-type that likes to check out everything and do all quests, so that's why I'm obsessing.

There is a woman wandering around Bigail who is supposed to show the way to a crossbow of some sort. Apparently, a beggar in (the town to the west whose name I can't recall right now) has a clue to that. However, no matter how much I talk to these two, no one's coming across with the goods. What am I missing? (Of course, now I can't find her at all any more)

Also, I believe up there is someone who can teach Pathfinder (Meena)? Is that on Bigail, or elsewhere?

Finally, casting SLOW, as a spell or wand or scroll, doesn't seem to have much effect on anything. Does it just lob off an AP or two, leaving monsters still with lots to use?

Thanks
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If you give a donation to Sick Boy in Shayder he'll tell you to talk to Judith. She can be found in Shayder or Bavner or maybe sometimes in one other town.

Meena in Shayder will teach you pathfinder, but you have to bring Graymold Salve to the hospital first.

Slow has the same effect on enemies that it has on you. Against fast enemies it is very effective. Against slower enemies it's not all that helpful. It makes them move towards you slower, but they are still capable of attacking or casting spells just as often (once).

—Alorael, who didn't fall in love with slow until A4 and the abuse of AI therein.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Just for completeness:
Judith is sometimes in Shayder, Bavner or Hectar.
Meena is sometimes in Shayder, Kuper or Hectar.

Doesn't slow make you forfeit alternate turns?

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Slow does the "skip every other turn" thing for A1-3, I believe. It's just in A4 that it gives you a half-turn.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.