Room in SW Dharmon (A1)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Room in SW Dharmon (A1)
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #0
Does anyone know what is in the hidden room in the southwestern corner of Dharmon and/or how to get in? I can see it when I cast Far Sight, but I can't get in.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
There's nothing in there, and you can't get in. It's a red herring.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
It seems to me that there are quite a few of those inaccessible rooms throughout the Avernum Trilogy (and a few in Nethergate if I remember correctly). Some of them, like the area behind the Vahnatai temple in A2 were accessible in Exile, but not in Avernum. The question is, did Jeff do this deliberately to annoy us and have us waste time trying to enter a room that can't be entered, or are these mistakes?

[ Saturday, January 21, 2006 11:12: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Jeff has a twisted sense of humor. What would be worse if he gave you a quest that involved you getting to the center of Erika's Tower in A3.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #4
Actually, it's not that difficult getting inside.

IMAGE(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8835/erika14ax.png)

IMAGE(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4191/erika28mr.png)

Getting back out is a bit harder, though.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
How in the world did you get past that rune? I know I never could.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #6
You use the 'enter-end combat jump' tactic to get over the rune. The summoned creatures are there to stop you bouncing back towards Erika.

You can also use this tactic to safely rob Shayder, (by jumping over the alarm).
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #7
Huh. I never thought about using summoned creatures before. I used the enter-end combat thing in Nethergate, but I could never get it to work in the Avernum games.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room