[A3] Vago (Vagro?) & Abruzzo loot

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: [A3] Vago (Vagro?) & Abruzzo loot
Apprentice
Member # 272
Profile #0
Got a question for anyone who remembers these two from Avernum 3. At Bremerton you meet Vago, who mentions his ol' pal Abruzzo, who made off with their loot. At Wainscotting you find Abruzzo, who says that he buried the loot under a statue in Greendale long ago, "and that it probably isn't there anymore".

Sure enough, I hot-footed it all the way to Greendale, only to be disappointed. I tramped around the 3 statues (2 by the pond, 1 in the warehouse) but didn't discover anything.

Is there really no loot? One lives in hope :D

--------------------
" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "
Warrior
Member # 497
Profile #1
There's loot. It's in the statue in the warehouse. Try actually searching the statue instead of simply tramping around it.

--------------------
Evil comes in many forms. I am but one of them.
Apprentice
Member # 272
Profile #2
Hmm, I doublechecked with both Vagro and Abruzzo, before going back to the Greendale warehouse. I have the sneaking suspicion that on my visit to the statue, I didn't pay attention to the loot popup, if there was one, because I was busy de-webbing my party, because now nothing happens. Crap. Can't search the statue btw, it doesn't appear selectable when you do "look".

Do you remember what it was? With my luck, it's probably just a stash of coinage and some cheap bling. Sigh.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
It turns out to be a quicksilver ring: +1 to dexterity, +4 to luck, but cursed (healers can uncurse it, it’ll then be worth 2000 gold).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 272
Profile #4
Thanks! I have the ring in my inventory, forgot where I picked it up :D

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 497
Profile #5
Heh. I was going to say that if you don't get the popup, then you already have it. There are very few one-time encounters in the game.

--------------------
Evil comes in many forms. I am but one of them.