Can't find Masok!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't find Masok!
Apprentice
Member # 6639
Profile #0
I'm finally trying to do the Black Halberd quest, and can't find Masok in Angel Rest. Angel Rest's been pretty much destroyed, and so I'm a little worried about what to do.

I also haven't checked, but I couldn't find the mage who sells the location of the Ring of Endless Magery. I've already checked in Krizsan and Delan, and he was nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Krizsan: I believe he is in a room with a secret passage in the west part of town. Delan: check the inn. He is at one every third day I believe.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6639
Profile #2
Okay, I've got the location of the Ring of Endless Magery, but the one who gives the location of the Black Halberd is nowhere to be found. =( Should I play with the day a little bit?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
It's been so long...an inn seems to come to mind. Having the place ruined does not seem good I must say. Would not be surprised if it is impossible to find the artifact after some time passes.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #4
Masok is definitely a named elite soldier in the Angel's Rest Inn. I remember having similar problems in an early run through Avernum 3, but that was quite some time ago.

I checked various towns in the nearby region, but cannot remember if I actually found him. In a similar instance, I found out that a bug (The one where manually exiting dialogue with Sick Boy before paying him counted as having been rude to him. I had 10 coins at the time.) precluded me from getting the Fury Crossbow. After waiting ages to start fetching the Black Halberd (day 102), I was unable to find Masok. I quit Avernum 3 in frustation.

Take this a warning: get the artifact locations as early as possible - even if it requires delaying purchasing a spell or a big shiny sword.

[ Wednesday, January 04, 2006 00:41: Message edited by: CPeters ]

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu