Selling

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Selling
Apprentice
Member # 5923
Profile #0
Just started playing demo of A3. Have lots of things to sell but Levy won't buy. I just get the have nothing to sell dialog. So far things are of little value except for a silver and a gold ring.
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #1
At the stage of the game that you are there is probably little need for money anyway, you will figure out which things you can sell for more eventually. There is usually a place in every town to sell everything (make sure your items are identified (Hebeker in fort emergence does it)).

Good luck playing A3, its great!!!!!!!!!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
Not everybody buys stuff from you. Try to the shops in new Formello and New Cotra. They will maybe buy things. Otherwise you can only sell things in towns on the surface, but that;a a later stage of the game.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5923
Profile #3
Thanks guys for the advice. How do I know if an item needs to be identified? So far my group knows what things are -- for example the gold ring and its value. :)

The interface is difficult at first though I have played GF 3. I restarted with a custom group and will have to see how they fare.

In peace,
Alma
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Unidentified items have question marks on them, I believe. It's not hard to tell that they need to be identified.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Most items don't require identification. Some scrolls and most magic items, especially powerful ones and cursed ones, do.

—Alorael, who would point out that while Levy should buy your spare stuff, it might be worth thinking about what you sell to him. He's one of the game's "infinite resellers" who will sell you back as many copies as you want of whatever you sell to him. You'll never want 50 fine leather armors, but you might want 50 Knowledge Brews.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #6
It's a lot cheaper to give Levy the separate ingredients (mandrake, graymold, toadstools, energetic - Cost: 352), and make your own Know Brews, rather than buying them (Cost: 2200).

( Frugal Tips 'Я' Us)
Apprentice
Member # 6482
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Varyan:

—Alorael, who would point out that while Levy should buy your spare stuff, it might be worth thinking about what you sell to him. He's one of the game's "infinite resellers" who will sell you back as many copies as you want of whatever you sell to him. You'll never want 50 fine leather armors, but you might want 50 Knowledge Brews.
Whuh oh. What if you sold him a whole lot of crap before you were aware of this? Is there a way to reset his inventory?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Nope. Live without the use of the infinite reseller. You don't really need 50 knowledge brews anyway. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6482
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Nope. Live without the use of the infinite reseller. You don't really need 50 knowledge brews anyway. :P
I might just start over now that I've registered becuase I missed a whole bunch of stuff I can't go back for.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
Is it worth starting over to cheat when you're doing fine without it?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #11
Also, note that Levy isn't the only infinite reseller in the game.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE