Your adventurers group

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Your adventurers group
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #0
For each avernum series I have a specified group:
Avernum 1: Berserker, Rebel(for pole weapons), Priest and Sorcerer or the pre-started characters to put NPCs in.
Avernum 2: a Rogue Nephil,a Custom human(I turned him a priest fighter),a Hedge Wizard Slith and a blank slot to put Becca.
Avernum 3:I didn`t have think about a party for this game yet.
And for you what`s a ideal group for playing avernum?
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Overall, you're probably better off with four Custom characters. Most of the default classes have some peculiar stat allocations that aren't very useful, at least in the early game. (And by the late game, a few extra skill points don't mean much).

Having said that, my recommendation is that a party should contain one to two characters capable of fighting in melee, zero to two characters capable of archery, one character capable of casting mage spells, and two to three characters capable of casting priest spells. But no single party member should try to do more than two of these things.

[ Saturday, October 15, 2005 14:42: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #2
My thoughts exactly. The prefabricated character types are only for beginners who think they generally know what they want, but don't know how to train them. Always use custom characters because when the skill points used aren't put exactly where you want them, they become effectively useless.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #3
this topic is so common, even me made a topic like this a few weeks ago
me at least, use a common party, a human soldier, a nephil rogue-archer, a human priest and mage, sometimes i replace the soldier with a slith berserker