Avernum 4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #0
what do you think about the new information and the screenshots of a4? myself, i am very disappointed. the plot doesnt seem interesting at all (more like a bad scenario from boa) and the 'new engine' stuff simply means its geneforge with a slith and a nephil.
and of course, no word of any slightest change that mightve come close to anything weve discussed about for months in this forum...

great.

im not paying 25 bucks for that game.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
You want this thread in general.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
*ranting mode*

1) Have you seen the Avernum 4 topics in General and the one that was locked on this forum? No, I didn't think so.

2) Wow, you managed to come to such a thoughtful conclusion based on three preliminary screenshots and no real knowledge of the engine.

3) Discussing things on the forum means nothing. Jeff hardly ever reads them. If you wanted him to get your (mostly unworkable) ideas, then you should have emailed them to him.

4) Despite that, quite a lot of them are actually implemented in Avernum 4. The spell system is massively improved and all movement is still turn-based. The movement system combines the best parts of Avernum and Geneforge. The graphics are preliminary, and they are the way they are for the simple reason that it was easier to modify GF graphics to the Av4 format than modifying Avernum graphics to fit the format.

4.5) 12 of the 36 suggestions from Verelor's post are implemented.

5) You may have valid concerns about the plot, but nobody can really know right now.

6) How about waiting for a demo before drawing a conclusion?

So, please read the six-page Avernum 4 thread in General and direct all further concerns there.

[ Monday, August 29, 2005 02:14: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00