Wrapped-Up Bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wrapped-Up Bug
Apprentice
Member # 1109
Profile #0
I'm nearly through A2, getting ready to head off on the final mission to kill Garzahd. However, there is something I cannot figure out. Somewhere along the way, I acquired an item in my Special Items list called a Wrapped-Up Bug. It is described as, "the mummified husk of a large insect... wrapped up in a weblike material".

Does anyone know what this is and what should be done with it? Am I supposed to give it to someone?

I have Searched through the forum here and Schrodinger's A2 website and can find no mention of it. There's also nothing in my quest list or game journal about it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #1
Hmm... Been a while since I've played A2. But here's what I remember, without giving too much away:

Check around the area where you got the bug. (North of Mancuso, if I remember correctly.) There should be an altar somewhere around there. With the bug in your inventory, something interesting should happen. It may take several times, and the special happening may be repeatable - like I said, it's been a while, and I'm not 100% sure. Just play around with bugs and the altar and eventually something good will occur.

EDIT: Please let me know if this works.

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 07:25: Message edited by: PantherShadow ]

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #2
It was in the Vahnatai Lands, up north, past the floating platforms guarded by demons. There was a weird place to the northwest in that outdoor section, where you could use the wrapped up bug at an chitrach altar. It did nothing for me though, as I remember it.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #3
I seem to recall that delivering several (3?) wrapped up bugs would give an extra level of strength and some blademaster.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Apprentice
Member # 1109
Profile #4
Thanks to everyone for the answers!

I have a similar question about one other Special Item. They are listed as "Surface Tools", and I have no idea what to do with them, either. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gordon
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #5
Somebody in Dharmon wanted those. Can't remember who, though.

Just walk up to people on the street asking if they'd like some stolen tools, and I'm sure somebody will speak up! ;)
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #6
Weird. I only found one Wrapped up Bug. For future reference, where do you get the others?

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #7
Just go back to the temple where you found the first one. Each time you visit the temple, you have the option of taking another bug. You can do this an infinite number of times as far as I know. I ended up with a backpack with about 50 of them before I stopped!
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #8
Yeah, I think I remember now. I went back to the temple and took another one, but the message was identical, so I thought it was a bug and let it go at that. Thanks though!

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by :Slash::
I thought it was a bug
It was a bug!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
It may have been a bug at one point, but Jeff wrapped up the problem a long time ago.

—Alorael, who can only follow in the footsteps of greatness and marvel.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #11
Hmm. Well. I guess the reason why I still experience that is because i never download any patches. Never. My internet connection is too crappy for anything but surfing and playing text-rpgs. Incedently, know any good ones(free of course)?

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
No, no, it's not a software bug; he was making a pun. See, it's a bug because it's a bug.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #13
Wow. I really am dull not to get that one. <Goes to the corner and cries>

Oh well.

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #14
<gives him a comforting pat on the shoulder>

That's all right. We all have days like that.

Don't take it too hard. After all, far worse things will happen to you in your life—I can think of at least a dozen off the top of my head! Cheer up, and look on the bright side! :D
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #15
Oh well. At least I increased my post count!

<loud cheering, and muffled cries of "you go girl! I mean boy.">

I'll quote this in the most embarassing forum.

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
The bug mistake, or the fact that Icshi apparently keeps an eye on you in an unsettling way?

—Alorael, who can think of an alternative, but not a good one. Maybe Icshi knows what will happen in your life because he can see the future! Unfortunately, he's predicted bad things then. So, well, pick your poison.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 497
Profile #17
Watch it with the tools, though. You can take them from the supply depot with no trouble, but the man who wants them is not exactly on the bright and sunny side of the law.

In other words, you lose reputation. It probably doesn't make much difference in the long run, but there's something deep in the numerically subtle, but sentimentally profound difference between 'Beloved' and 'Worshipped'.

--------------------
Evil comes in many forms. I am but one of them.