Shield Ring

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shield Ring
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
Does anyone have any idea if this ring is useful or not? I cannot figure out if it does any shielding at all. And I can find no descriptions for it online.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
It does help. While there's no way to figure out how much (other than empirically) in A1 or A2, in A3 a specific number is named. I believe it's 5% resistance to physical damage.

—Alorael, who in any case recalls it being less than an Armor Ring's protection and generally less useful than other rings.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I believe the bonus stacks with other equipment that protects you from melee damage, though -- with the assistance of item enchantment platorms, I think it's possible to get your total melee resistance up to 50% in Avernum 3. I'm not sure whether the protection is applied before or after the protection given to you by ordinary armour; if it's applied before, then it's somewhat more useful.

[ Monday, July 25, 2005 00:14: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!