Some things about Avernum 2 that bug me
|Author||Topic: Some things about Avernum 2 that bug me|
Member # 878
written Sunday, June 19 2005 20:50
1. People tell you that no human mage in avernum knows how to make quickfire, but there is quickfire among the traps in the Castle treasury (specifically you have to fight 3 Ur-Basilisks while standing in quickfire, open the chests while standing in it still, then walks a short distance and get past some magic barriers almost impossible to dispel with a crystal, then a locked door which you need unlock doors level 3 to open, all while in the quickfire).
2. The empire has several security checkpoints that only people with certain passes can go by, but there are only a few such passes in existance, all held by commanders of forces far from said checkpoints, so how do all the other raiders go back and forth through these checkpoints without carrying passes?
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Posts: 409 | Registered: Sunday, March 31 2002 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
written Sunday, June 19 2005 20:57
1. Maybe someone got a Phoenix Egg.
2. It's possible that not many people actually have to get through those checkpoints — not many people move around much in A2.
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
written Sunday, June 19 2005 21:48
There are many possible explanations. For example:
1. Considering that it doesn't destroy entire castle, it's probably not real quickfire, but some weaker substitute. (A pipe, pouring a steady stream of oil set on fire would work quite nicely.)
2. The large troop formations are always led by commanders with apropriate clearance. As for small raiding parties from local garrisons, the guards know them personally, because they live in the same barracks.
[ Sunday, June 19, 2005 21:49: Message edited by: Zeviz ]
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Posts: 2649 | Registered: Wednesday, October 3 2001 07:00