A3 max skill level?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 max skill level?
Apprentice
Member # 5684
Profile #0
in A3 what is the max level for each skill? is it 20 like exile or is it higher?
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #1
higher. way higher, i think.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I think things get messy if you try to push it beyond 99, but I'm not sure, since I haven't tried. But you'll never hit the limit unless you use the character editor.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
The real limit is diminishing returns. You eventually have to spend so many skill points per point of skill and get so little for it that it's not worth training any more.

[Edit: Should've just written 2^15-1.]

—Alorael, who wouldn't be surprised to find that skills are limited to 255. On the other hand he remembers hearing about people managing to get them above that. Maybe the limit is 32767 instead.

[ Monday, April 11, 2005 18:51: Message edited by: Universal Specific ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
The maximum possible value for an integer variable is 32767, so it's probably that. But if you're planning to gain that many levels, then you must have way too much time on your hands.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #5
Surely there's not even that much experience to be got from the entire game? If you clear out every single dungeon you're not incredibly high in the grand scheme of things if said grand scheme goes right up to 32767? Indeed, what level are you if you clear out every dungeon?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I did every quest and killed everything but innocent townspeople, and I ended up just over level 50, but I had advantages.

I would imagine that it's possible, with disadvantages, to break level 70 or even 80. But after a certain point, you stop gaining experience from killing anything.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
I think you could probably get higher with disadvantages and a willingness to pick fights with wandering monsters at the very end of the game. Alien Beasts and [creature(s) responsible for plague removed for spoiler content] give some good experience.

—Alorael, who doesn't see how helpful that is, though. Unless you really need more skills and really want to backtrack all the way to civilization and trainers, the end game is for ending the game.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
IIRC, on the first time through A3 I had a godlike level 80 singleton by late game - I started out as a human mage warrior with Natural Mage and Fast on Feet, with a point in priest for healing.

Two casts of lightning/fireblast per turn pretty much killed most of the grunts before they got into melee range... :D

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E