Help - A2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help - A2
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #0
I robbed the castle treasury and I've been ill ever since. I would walk around and everyone would be diseased for some reason. Can anyone tell me if this is the consequence of robbing the castle?? I have no cursed items. :confused:
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #1
I don't think it comes from robbing the Castle, but it might.

You, my friend, have the Uber Curse, also as the Dread Curse. You should take it off, it has nothing to do with items.

You get it off simply. Just go to the Tower of Magi and talk to Mother Clarisse, she'll take it off.

(at least I think you've got the Dread Curse, it sounds like it)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
I have never looted the castle's treasury, so I had to do so to find out. My players did not get sick from that. I agree it sounds like you got the Dread Curse.

Double check your inventory for items that are cursed, also certain items will cause radiation poisoning.

[ Friday, March 25, 2005 16:49: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #3
I don't think you got the Dread curse by robbing the Castle's treasure. I rob them myself a couple of weeks ago. If you got the Dread curse it will only weaking you. In my opinion I think you got Toxic or poison have you try the cure spells.

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
If you have any metal bars, check them. Unidentified ones just may be uranium, which diseases your entire party. Gauntlets may be Pyrrhic Gauntlets, which also cause disease. Those are the two big mysterious sources of contagion in A1 and A2.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the gauntlets are cursed and who knows the uranium isn't. Drop them and everything is fine except for very angry Avernites.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #5
i robbed the castle once in my career - and if im not gravely mistaken, my party got similar symptoms.
either the disease/poisoning is caused by a very powerful trap in the treasure area, or you killed someone important, getting the dread curse.
i think thats what happened to me.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5627
Profile #6
Serves you right for stealing from your fellow people of Avernum!

Well, serves you right for stealing from somewhere so well defended, anyway.
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #7
I must have been an idiot to rob that bank. I got my Dread Curse cured by Mother Clarisse and I still get the disease. It was like a special note that tells me my party got sick??? The only cursed thing I have are the Phyrrhic Gauntlets, and Bloodthirst Spear although I got all those uncursed.

Please Help???
Warrior
Member # 182
Profile #8
I think the pyrric gauntlets give you disease even if you get them uncursed. They have uranium in the fingers.

--------------------
All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door.
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #9
Are you sure it has anything with the gauntlets? They're uncursed and I like the protection it gives.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by saintofsword:

Are you sure it has anything with the gauntlets? They're uncursed and I like the protection it gives.
The gauntlets will defiantly make you sick after having the curse removed through the character editor. I did try that a long time ago and the made my player's hair fall out and feel sick. It's the uranium not the curse.

About the castle's money and other property. I haven't really needed to steal most of the time. In theory it's wrong to rob them, but in reality they don't use their positions or money.

[ Saturday, March 26, 2005 09:00: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #11
Ya, you want to take those off, and get some good old fashioned gloves, then go and remember
DO THAT BOK GUY'S TOMB (or else he'll give the dread curse to you)

--------------------
plz feel free to email me answers at stargazer_do@hotmail.com