Anama?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Anama?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Who here thinks the Anama is an entire waste of time?

I do. They drain your good Mage spells and reward you with a few decent Priest Spells. Plus, they forbid Skribbane. How uncool is that?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Agreed. The Anama gives a short-term bonus to your priest spells but losing out on the magery hurts in the long run. I also tend to give my casters both mage and priest ability, so joining the Anama actually weakens them.

—Alorael, who will add that joining the Anama makes sense for a singleton. It's hard to make a mage-priest-fighter, and if you have to sacrifice one of those, mage is the easiest to give up. That makes the Anama a good choice.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
If I remember right you can join them. Then steal their treasure. Or use the fake rings to get in. The anama just take away some of your priest skills that way. Your whole party ends up more powerful in both priest and mage skillz.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Missing in Alorael:

Agreed. The Anama gives a short-term bonus to your priest spells but losing out on the magery hurts in the long run. I also tend to give my casters both mage and priest ability, so joining the Anama actually weakens them.

—Alorael, who will add that joining the Anama makes sense for a singleton. It's hard to make a mage-priest-fighter, and if you have to sacrifice one of those, mage is the easiest to give up. That makes the Anama a good choice.

Well, I Quote to point, The fact that this is mostly what a 4 player party does, (unless you are me) Has 1 mage, 1 priest, 2 fighter. They dump the mage back in the Unused room in Fort Emergance, and then, bring their person back. It works!

--------------------
plz feel free to email me answers at stargazer_do@hotmail.com
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
That makes so much sense, it's disturbing.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #5
The Anama priests give a singleton player the option of becoming a crusader-type character. It's a roleplaying choice, if not everyone's favorite. The game is quite playable that way, probably easier than being a singleton mage. You get some powerful spells early and a cheap source of crystals that unlock doors and dispel barriers. As an Anama player, at the end of the game you even hear the Empress say something about maybe having to rethink her position on the Anama.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum