Avernum online text RPG

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum online text RPG
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #0
Could I create an Avernum online text RPG? Ex: one person types part of the story for their character, then the next person types, and there'd be all the different towns with their own boards.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
This sounds like it would require a full RP board. You might want to take a look at the less-ambitious but actually functional The Empire Always Loses RP or try to start a single RP in one of the towns — I'm not sure what the status of the last one is at this point, but I think it's deceased.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #2
I created it and will post the link elsewhere. Someone delete this board.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Why not post the link here?

—Alorael, who hopes you mean "delete this thread" and not this board. That would be a rather radical reaction! Most threads stay unlocked and just languish when everyone loses interest anyway.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #4
That's what I mean. Avernum Online
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Neato. But you'll need an awful lot of people to get that board going. Good luck, and advertise shamelessly.

Signatures are a good place to advertise shamelessly.

[ Saturday, February 19, 2005 07:26: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #6
I remember, once upon a time, long ago, I tried to make one of those MUD dealies based on the Avernum/Exile games.

That sort of thing is pretty damn hard to do, so I just got angry and gave up and went off to throw rocks at trees.

Perhaps someday...

[ Saturday, February 19, 2005 09:45: Message edited by: Captain Uglyhead ]

--------------------
Fly beyond the ocean, over the mountains, past the moon and across the face of the sun, never to come home again.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
A MUD would probably be a violation of intellectual property rights. This hasn't stopped hundreds of MUDs, and Jeff probably wouldn't notice or care much, but it would make baby lawyers cry.

—Alorael, who actually isn't sure why RP boards aren't a violation. Maybe they are, but really nobody cares, or maybe they're somehow fair use because they aren't really coded into a separate game and fall under the category of disussion.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00