Frickin Test of Patience

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Frickin Test of Patience
Apprentice
Member # 5510
Profile #0
Hi,

I'm stuck on this. I can get the block to the top of the stairs, but I can't make that 90 degree turn (I just end up pushing the block back down to the previous level). I understand how to get around the corner to the first rune. I just need to know how I can make that 90 degree turn when there are no walls. Is there a way to 'pull' the block?

Someone PLEASE help!

Thanks...

Smorri
Apprentice
Member # 4066
Profile #1
ok nvm

[ Thursday, February 17, 2005 05:03: Message edited by: Nipa ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Er, this may or may not help, but from the walkthrough in the forum header:

"Walk along the path, ignore the wheel, then make it to the lever. Pull it, and pilot it out to the water area, and take the upper path. I'll let you figure this out, but it's not too hard. Then just keep pushing the block up the stairs. The block won't fall off the cliff either. Move back onto the rune, and uh oh! Just push it south through the secret door. Jump down after it, and move it back onto the rune. That's it."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5510
Profile #3
Thanks for your quick response Kelandon,

I already looked at that, but it doesn't explain how to make a 90 degree turn with out any walls to bounce the block off. At the top of the stairs you must slide the block along the edge until you reach the center walkway, at which point you need to make a 90 degree turn. There are three directions from which you can push the block: East or West just pushes the block past the center path, South just pushes the block off the ledge and down a level. If there is no way to 'pull' the block North, I have to believe this is a Bug.

Someone PLEASE prove me wrong...

Smorri
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #4
Did you use the wheel at all? If so, use it again. THe stairs work best when you don't use the wheel.

The block won't fall at the 90 degree turn.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5510
Profile #5
Hi Schrodinger,

Thanks. I'm 90% sure I tried this, but I'll try again when I get home tonight. If I push East or West the block will move pass the center path. Are you saying that if I don't turn the wheel I will be able to push the block South and it won't fall to the ledge below (and hopefully bounce to the North)?

My understanding is that the wheel changes the path by the last 90 degree turn leading to the top rune. The 90 degree turn I am talking about is at the last set of stairs where you move either East or West to reach the center path. You must make a 90 degree turn to get on the center path so you can proceed to the last 90 degree turn. But there are no walls here to force the block to turn and no way to get on the south side of the block to push it North.

Thanks again...

Smorri

[ Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:54: Message edited by: Smorri ]
Apprentice
Member # 5510
Profile #6
I figured it out...

<spoilers ahead>

I'll give my solution here for those that follow in Smorri's brave footsteps... Not mentioned here or in the walk through is the fact that the wheel/lever creates new stairs that will allow the adventurer to get on the South side of the block.

If you come accross Smorri's corpse during your adventures, please give it a decent burial and pour a little Ale on the grave so Smorri doesn't go to the Seven Hells thirsty.

Smorri