turned off chrater editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: turned off chrater editor
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #0
accidentally turne dit off; how dose one turn it back on? The main website was of no help whatso ever in this, and again, i do really need thi sinformation
Warrior
Member # 5321
Profile #1
that said, i tshoudl be noted I am a windows user
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
May I suggest that if you did not find what you were looking for on the main web site, you were not looking hard enough? You have a question about one of the games, so click on Our Games. Then, since you want to know about Avernum, click on Avernum. At that point, you have a question about a technical issue, so you are looking for support, so click on Upgrades & Support. Scroll down, and you will find this:
quote:
Reactivating the Character Editor
You can turn off the character editor permanently. Should you have done this and want your character editor back, this is how to restore it (written backwards for extra secrecy): fI gnisu a hsotnicaM, worht yawa eht "munrevA sferP" elif ni eht secnereferP redlof. fI gnisu swodniW, eteled eht "tad.munrevA" elif ni eht munrevA ataD redlof. Please note if you have registered the game, this might unregister it. If your game becomes unregistered, contact us for a new key by calling 206.789.4438 or emailing spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. There is no charge for this but please include the name you registered under, which game you need a new key for and your current registration code (located in the lower right hand corner of the title screen).
Note also that a quick search of this forum on "editor" will find you two other topics on the same thing.

[ Thursday, January 20, 2005 12:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #3
How many times a month does this get asked? Kelandon must have the entire thing memorized word for word now as he is always the one that answers.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
In light of this, I have made a fun addition to the header of this forum directing users with this question to the appropriate page. :cool:

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #5
Speaking of editors....I dont have BoA yet, I'm going to buy it soon! About its editor...I hear it lets you change spells/skills or something? I was wondering if there's a way to reallly change the whole system, adding new races/skills/spells/etc.,?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
While this is noticeably off-topic (and off-forum), I might as well answer.

There are two different editors involved in BoA. One is the Character Editor, which is much like the ones in the Avernum Trilogy.

The other is the Scenario Editor, which allows people to create new scenarios — new games, essentially. These new scenarios can emulate new spells well and to some extent new skills, although those new spells and skills only apply to each scenario for which they are designed.

A scenario can't really add new races (although one could kind of fake it) or genuinely add new spells and skills, though. It can add new items quite well.

As a sidenote, and a personal plug, the HLPM is a scenario that allows you to edit some additional things in BoA that the Character Editor doesn't, like level and traits, and does a few other things besides.

[ Monday, January 24, 2005 12:34: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
No races. No real skills. No real spells. You can fake them, but that's all you can do.

—Alorael, who will also point out that all changes are for one scenario only. It's fairly easy to hand out pseudospells in various forms and to tell people that they are playing a race regardless of their PCs, but BoA doesn't support it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00