A2: How to get the Pyrogs quest?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2: How to get the Pyrogs quest?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #0
Hi,
This is a rather especific question. I've been playing A2 for a while following the Walkthrough provided in this site. However, I can't seem to find anyone giving me the Pyrog's lair quest. I've been to the entrance but I don't want to make it yet. I've done a lot and I am beyond level 35 now. I read that you must take certain evidence to the vanhtai council about an empire fort (Limoncelli's), well, I went to that fort, killed everyone, got my reward in Emerald and went to the Council, they are happy I have returned 2 Crystals but they don't mention Pyrog.
I even have the Demonslayer!
What can I do?
Thanks in advance.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #1
It is very explicit when it happens and so I suspect that you haven't got the right evidence.

Certainly when I played A2 the first time it was the last thing I did - after killing Garzhad when I was cleaning things up. This suggests to me that it is easy to miss.

At any rate, there is a section in the NE corner on the upper floor of Limoncelli's lair where the floor drops away and it dumps you outside - you need to search the cabinets in the room on the other side of this corridor. If you haven't done this, do so and everything else should follow.

If you don't have the specific quest to go to Pyrog's you won't be able to get in - I take it you don't...
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #2
Check out the Vahnatai room in Limoncelli's fort, there should be a hidden room that contains the location of one of the crystals though not sure if it is Pyrog's but since you already have two, then that could be it. Or you can just enter Pyrog's Lair, though I seem to recall you have to enter from the back by asking around in Harston. If I'm wrong, well its been a long time since I played A2.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #3
Thank you very much to the two of you. I am ashamed to admit that in fact I missed that secret room. I fell off that rugs trap and never made it back. Now I returned and found the 2 vanhatai wardrobes where I found the evidence that after being presented at olgai gave me the "tip" to get to Pyrog's lair from the back.
Thank you very much!!

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #4
>I am ashamed to admit that in fact I missed that secret room. I fell off that rugs trap and never made it back.

I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it - the same thing happened to me. (But maybe I have no shame :) )

Indeed, it strikes me as a very easy thread to loose and picking it up again at the end of the game when you realise you missed something is very difficult. I resorted to using the Walkthrough to work out exactly what I had missed when I couldn't find the third crystal even after killing Garzhad and getting the 'Game Over' text.

[ Wednesday, January 05, 2005 20:01: Message edited by: Skippy the bush kangaroo ]