Stone Circle Demons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stone Circle Demons
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #0
I have a question about the Haakai that you have to end up fighting if you use the stone circles. When you get to the altar and crack it open they give you an option of fighting or taking mostly all of your stuff and leaving. If you do actually let them take your stuff it says that you have no idea of what havoc they cause or something like that. Do they ever really do anything signifigant or anything at all for that matter.

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
That decision does not cause anything to happen.

But I think the fight is nice light challenge if you are well prepared, and if not, you can drop your items in advance so you lose only gold.

I remember the stone circle battle in E3 was based mostly on luck, but I do not know about A3.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #2
If i remeber correctly the Haakai summon a few demons with them. If your anywhere near as strong as i was, itll be a pretty easy fight to win. If not, use the bless-before-battle teqnique.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
It depends if you used the editor to get all of your cool stuff back. I did, but I felt really bad afterward.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #4
Okay, I was just wondering if they did anything cool like attack major towns or something of the like. They were pretty easy even with my one character.And like Angry Ogre said it is much easier to just bless yourself before battles. Thats the trick I use for almost all battles that require you to go to a certain spot. :D

[ Friday, December 31, 2004 07:48: Message edited by: Chaosfox ]

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Apprentice
Member # 5140
Profile #5
One option is to unequip all your stuff and drop it in a pile a short distance away from the stone circle, then agree to let them have your stuff and they get little or nothing. Then you pick up your stuff and have all your equipment. You don't lose reputation as I recall, even though you are unleashing many haakai and demons on the land.

Since they summon many creatures when you fight them, it can get overwhelming. I used a lot of invulnerability elixirs and it was a manageable fight then.

I usually enter only two stone circles because for me level three war blessing is the only thing worth getting from the stone circles. You can still go to the stone circle near the end and fight the haakai if you want to.

--------------------
"You can coal mine, moonshine or move on down the line." - Appalachian career choices described in "Coal Miner's Daughter"