A1 save game location

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1 save game location
Apprentice
Member # 5271
Profile #0
Is there a way to specify the save game location for Avernum 1? I have set up a save directory in my Avernum folder which works great except that every time I start the game it starts looking for saves in the My Documents folder. I don't want to clutter up My Documents with Avernum save games, but it takes several selections to get to the correct folder (on a different drive). Thankfully, after I get to the proper folder, I don't have to do that again until I quit and restart. Still I would like to permanently set the location to find saves. Can that be done through an entry in an .ini or .dat file or some other way?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Er, the best thing I can think of is to use the menu at the top of that save pop-up to go to the Recent Folders and from there select the folder in which you want to save. Then it's only one click.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #2
except for a3, on my mac usually the last folder i saved a game in automatically it opened next time i save.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5271
Profile #3
OK, I probably should have mentioned I am using Win98. It takes me 6 clicks: look in, d drive, games, avernum, saves, and then select the save game I want. Sure, I could change my folder set up to make this easier, but this is the way I save most of my games.

At least Avernum doesn't force them to be saved in a Documents folder or "My Games" folder. And it is good that the game remembers the location during a session. I only have to do this when I start a session. Still, I sure wish you could set the location as a preference option or by editing a .ini file or something similar.
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #4
Do this:

Make a shortcut to your saved games directory

Then paste shortcut in avernum's default save folder

Then when you go to save a game just click the shortcut

get it?

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Apprentice
Member # 5271
Profile #5
Thanks Pyro. Not very elegant, but your workaround gets the job done.